The challenge runs from January to December 2008, during which time participants must complete twelve books that are the first in a series.
Here are fourteen possibilities, though I reserve the right to change this list; I don’t like to have my reading plans (or any plans, really) set in stone. Also, I’m not sure all of these count; there have to be at least three books in the series, and I’m not sure all of these will end up being trilogies. For the newer releases, I just know that somewhere there is something about it being “book one.” So, I don’t know about all of them.
- A House of Night: Marked by PC And Kristin Cast
- Hallowmere: In The Serpent’s Coils by Tiffany Trent
- Chasing Yesterday: Awakening by Robin Wasserman
- Vampire Academy Book One by Richelle Mead
- Crystal Doors: Island Realm by Rebecca Moesta and Kevin J Anderson
- The Promises of Doctor Sigmundus: The Hollow People by Brian Keaney
- The Seventh Tower: The Fall by Garth Nix
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (this is a re-read, but I want to read it before The Sweet Far Thing)
- Drama!: The Four Dorothys by Paul Ruditis.
- Fairies of Dreamdark: Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
- May Bird and the Ever After by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini (I know I’m like the only person in the world who hasn’t read this yet!)
- Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (This is the first, right?)