I’m signing up for yet another challenge! This one is the Heart of a Child challenge, hosted at Becky’s Book Reviews. It runs from February 1 to July 14 (which, yes, makes me a little late). The challenge is to reread 3-6 books you loved as a child (which means anything under 18). As you know, I’m sixteen, so I’m not even 18 yet, so I’m going to make this mean, for me, any book I read before about middle school (I don’t know my exact age when I discovered some books, so it’s a loose guideline). I’ve been wanting to reread some old favorites, anyway, and this is a way to do it without feeling guilty!
A list is not necessary, and I reserve the right to change this at any time, but here are a few possibilities:
- Greater Than Angels by Carol Matas (And/or others by her)
- So Far From Malabar by Joy DeWeese Wehen
- Bloomability by Sharon Creech (And/or other older books by her)
- The Fairy’s Return by Gail Carson Levine (which, yes, is more recent, but it’s a collection of the Princess Tales books, which are older)
- Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer
- Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce